Thursday, January 29, 2009

Those darn gloves...

It has been extremely cold this winter. We are lucky if it gets up to 20 degrees lately. The ground has been covered with snow for what seems like weeks now. I have been praying that the weather gets a little warmer so we can get outside and play. So, today it hits 20 degrees and I was ecstatic! It took me awhile to round up all our outside gear. I get Alex dressed first and sent him outside. Next up was Caden. I got him all bundled up and sent him out. It was then my turn to put my gear on. As I was heading outside, Alex pulled "The Christmas Story" line on me and had to use the restroom. So I undressed him, sent him to the bathroom and continued to let Caden play in the snow. Alex got dressed again and we headed back out. As soon as we were out the door Caden started crying. In the 2 minutes we were inside, he had taken off one of his gloves and proceeded to make snowballs with his naked hand. Needless to say his hand was fiery red from the cold. I can not for the life of me keep gloves on that child. Caden had his 2 year check up today and I was telling his doctor that he will not keep gloves on and he said some parents have gone to the extreme of using duck tape to keep them on. Duck tape! I guess you can use duck tape for anything. So the fun lasted about 5 minutes after it took us what seemed like an hour to get ready. It was pretty funny! I guess that is what you have to expect with a 2 and 3 year old, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment